KOUNTZE MEMORIAL LUTHERAN CHURCH
Kountze Memorial Lutheran Church is located at 2650 Farnam Street in Midtown Omaha, Nebraska. Organized on December 5, 1858 as Emanuel’s Evangelical Lutheran Church, the church is thought to be the first Lutheran congregation organized west of the Missouri River. In the 1920s the church was credited with being the largest Lutheran congregation in the United States.
The Kountze Memorial Lutheran Church was originally built in 1906 and has been renovated at least five times in the past 110 years. The facility is now over 51,900 square feet in size with multiple levels of space. In the summer of 2014, Engineered Controls was part of an Energy Retrofit project with Kiewit Building Group to provide a new Honeywell building management system for the church. The primary goal was to make the building a more energy efficient, comfortable, healthy space that is easy to operate and maintain.
In addition to updated the building’s existing mechanical systems with new controls, Engineered Controls also provides long-term preventative maintenance services for the church as well.
The building management system installed by Engineered Controls uses Honeywell WEBs system architecture and controls a mixture of mechanical and electrical equipment including AHUs, PACs, Chiller, Pumps, VFDs, EFs and UHs.
The Honeywell WEBs network monitors and controls in excess of 6,250 points.
- Building Automation and Controls
- Planned Maintenance